Things everyone should know about patch management
When it comes to patch management, at first what happens in your mind? Almost 80% says it’s the update button of particular software that we see at least once a month. Well, we’re not being shirty with you, but it’s the truth.
It’s not enough. Almost everyone who doesn’t know much about patch management says it’s a trivial task. However, its way more than you think and it’s not an easy thing to do. While doing it, we’ve to follow a lot of policies and processes.
For a reason, today we’re discussing the importance of patch management so that you can understand how important it is!
What is patch management?
Before describing what patch management is, I want to make one thing clear that I am not making it too difficult to understand. Here, I’ll be explaining what it is, in a simple way.
Patch Management is a kind of plan and policy for managing a software’s patches and upgrading software and other technologies. It is essential for balancing the efficiency of software (especially for business organization based software).
While using software, we find bugs and some serious security problems. Now, how can we fix it? It’s where patch management service starts playing the vital role. Some patches are for securing the software, and others are for all other functionalities.
For making the software better, the software company also add multiple patches and check the appropriate one.
So, now you know, why you saw that so-called “update” button, and you can already guess how vital task it is. However, my friend! You still don’t know how important it is, but we’re quite sure that, you eagerly want to know about it.
I won’t make you wait anymore. Just scroll down and read!
Why patch management is important?
As you have probably already guessed, patch management is important! In case you haven’t, I’ll describe its importance in brief. So, let’s get started!
- Safety and security are significant: In the modern world where technology rules, security is the first concern. Especially for big business organizations, it’s essential to know how tough and secure their software. It because, if the hacker finds any loophole they’ll attack and steal all their data, or they can also spread the harmful virus in it. So, they have to update their software on a regular basis.
It’s where patch management service plays the vital role! A managed IT service provider like BrownSpider IT Services will help you with the updates and most importantly security updates. We’ll be acquiring, testing and recovering all the vulnerabilities.
- No supports: When a software merchant stops supporting that particular software then it means no more updates are coming. So, if any software issue comes out, you’re in danger in my friend. The hacker will find all the escapes they’re looking for, and then they can do whatever they want.
- Outdated version: When you’re using a software which isn’t updated for a while then you can’t get the service you’re expecting. Outdated software is easy to hack and 100% not secure to use. So, you can guess how risky it is. Every software you are using should be updated. For a reason, keep your software always updated through using our remote monitoring and management service.
- Rescuing: Let’s assume, your organization has a piece of business software which is a significant part of your business. Now, if your application gets attacked by viruses what’ll you do? Well, it’s possible. If you have a poor patch management system, then it’s possible! The hacker will always try to find a loophole in your software. They’ll always try to find some weaknesses in your software, and once they got it, they’ll attack for sure. Now, patches are like antidotes, and it can cure your software of virus. For keeping your software safe from attacks, you should manage all the patches on a regular basis.
- Keeping your software at its best: What if your software breaks or stops working for not updating or for poor management? I guess you know how irritating, risky and expensive it is. You can lose your clients, or you can lose all of your users too.
Well, I am not scaring you just telling you the truths. If your software doesn’t have any plan on system management, then the problem can be unfixable too. So, you’re not just losing your clients and users also you’re keeping your business at risk.
Now if your software has system management plans, regular updates and regular patching then you don’t have to worry about it. It because if any unwanted incident happens with your software, then the software company will take care of it. Not just that, they know how to fix it within less time.
Now, this is how a patching and patch management service can save your business software and your business too. I hope now you know the importance of updates and patch management services.
As you know how important it is. It’s time to let you know, how critical poor patch management services are! Scroll down to save your application!
Why poor patch management is risky?
Any poor quality service is risky for your business! Now in this modern world where technology rules, any technical problem like patch management can harm your business. A poor patch management system can be a significant threat towards your application’s cybersecurity.
Now let’s see, some examples of poor patch management how risky it is!
- Fails to update the software: A poor management provider can’t upgrade your application’s security and system which is a significant threat to your business software. If your software’s security patches aren’t updated, then your business software is at risk.
- Unable to protect from viruses: If your software’s patches aren’t updated or secure enough, then it can’t fight with malicious viruses. So, testing and updating patches should be your very first concern.
- Not having the proper plan: If your service provider doesn’t have an appropriate plan then if an accident happens they can’t give you excellent service. If they don’t even any monthly management plan, then it’s time you should switch to a better provider.
- Unable to continue the monitoring standard: As I explained before, how necessary management plans. If they can’t test and apply patches, then it’s risky for your software.
- Poor coordination: If your service provider can’t give you the proper update of your software or if they are not taking your software’s security issues seriously then you’re under threat! Poor management system between their operation and IT department can be harmful to your software too.
So, these are the main symptoms of a weak patch management provider. For saving your application, you should avoid this kind of providers.
I hope now you know enough about patch management and what to do and what you should avoid. Patch management is like anti-virus or antidotes for your application. It can save your application from breaching out.
From the next time, don’t take it lightly. Make patch management the priority for keeping your software at its best. Cheerio!
28A Church Lane, East Peckham email@example.com 01622 691155